General Manager at Free State Stars, Rantsi Mokoena says Bidvest Wits has not contacted Mohammed Anas despite the striker indicating the defending champions had shown interest in his services. Anas reportedly told the technical team earlier in January that the Clever Boys had directly contacted him, but Mokoena cleared the air. "Anas is with us; there's no such as contact from Wits. We spoke to Wits and they denied it," Mokoena told Dumelang Sport.
The man at the helm of the team from Bethlehem, Luc Eymael also echoed the sentiments, saying they have no idea where all that came from. "Wits CEO Jose [Ferreira] told us that nobody had contacted Anas, so if it's true, we dont know," he said. Meanwhile Stars, who recently parted ways with striker Edward Manqele, have added a number of players to boost the team as the season reaches the finish line.
Belgian striker Maxime Cosse has been brought in while goalkeeper, Thela Ngobeni returns from Mamelodi Sundowns on another load deal. Ea Lla Koto host Baroka FC in their encounter on Saturday as they seek to return to winning ways. They lie fifth on the table with 29 points - only six behind log leaders, Mamelodi Sundowns. Kickoff at Goble Park on Saturday is at 15:30.